Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
JOB TITLE: Bus Operator - Connect Transit (CDL with a P endorsement and D.O.T. Medical card required)
- To provide transportation services for the Center's Transportation program.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of transportation vehicles.
- Receives direct supervision from the Lead Operator and indirect supervision from the Transportation Coordinator and Operations Manager.
- Responsible for passenger safety and comfort while passengers are in vehicle.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A high school diploma/GED and further coursework/vocational training or job related activities are preferred.
- Requires a Texas Commercial Driver's license and a current D.O.T. medical card.
- Requires no more than 3 (three) moving violations within the past 3 (three) years and eligibility for GCC vehicle insurance.
- Requires personal liability insurance coverage.
- Prefer 2 (two) years paid experience driving passenger vehicles with passenger capacity in excess of 16 (sixteen) passengers.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
- Must maintain auto liability insurance coverage.
- Travel required in region and occasionally out of region.
- Maintains current, all levels of training as directed by GCC policy as well as those outlined by departmental and regulations specific to position. To include all DOT requirements.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical and legal requirements set forth in the Center's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Attend mandatory program staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- May require flexible hours.
- Operating hours may range from 5am to 7pm Monday thru Friday and 7am thru 7pm on Saturdays with a one hour lunch. All Operators will be required to work these hours when needed and as needed.
- Requires a CDL with a P endorsement and a current D.O.T. medical card or obtain a CDL with a P endorsement within 180 days of hire; may extend up to an additional 120 days after first six months based on Operator's performance.
- Inter- personal skills necessary to function as a member of work team.
- Working knowledge and ability to drive transit type vehicles with passenger capacity in excess of 16 (sixteen) passengers.
- Working knowledge of operation of wheel chair lifts.
- Ability to deal politely and effectively with the public.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Familiar with current office equipment/machines and their utilization.
- Non-exempt under Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Primary time spent in transit vehicles. Some vehicles may not be climate controlled.
- Standard office environment.
- Direct service environment.
- Frequent travel required.
- Driving and transport of passengers over 75% of work time.
- Operator`s assignments are based on the need of the GCC/Connect Transit and could include ADA/ demand response/fixed route and/or park and ride service.
- Flex hours as required by the job to include overtime when necessary. May include weekend, holiday or evening hours.
- Telephone required or other means of contact during off hours.
- Reporting sites vary between Galveston and Brazoria Counties.
- In case of emergency or unplanned occurrence may be required to perform minor vehicle repairs or other duties dependent upon the situation.
- Will interface with other transportation providers, local government, representatives, civic groups etc.
- Requires maintenance of a safe driving record both on and off duty.
- Preventable and/or ticketed accidents may affect performance evaluation grade and/or employment status.
- Provide Transportation Services
- Pick up and drop off passengers according to schedule. (Essential)
- Assist passengers on and off vehicles. Provide passenger with assistance from the vehicle to buildings as needed for non-ambulatory or handicapped passenger. (Essential)
- Notify Dispatcher of delays more that 10 minutes in schedule. (Essential)
- Assist Dispatcher with office responsibilities as requested. To include passenger notification of late arrivals and/or cancellation of service, clerical work answering telephones, directing calls, transit scheduling, etc. (Non-essential)
- Submit vehicle records to the Fleet Manager by the next working day following the end of the month and according to procedure. (Essential)
- Maintain documentation according to procedure and in a neat and orderly way. (Essential)
- Provide prompt and courteous service to passengers. Respond promptly and courteously to passengers and the public. (Essential)
- Attend State and Center meetings and trainings as directed by the Transit Operations Manager. (Essential)
- Provide assistance to auditors as required. (Non-essential)
- Conform to Center procedures. Comply with vehicle rules and use procedures. (Essential)
- Submit incident reports by end of business day of incident to the Lead Operator. (Essential)
- Notify Lead Operator of complaints by end of business day of notification of problem. (Essential)
- Utilize PTT according to procedures. (Essential)
- Ensure that vehicle is maintained appropriately and complies with safety standards to include completing/submitting vehicle checklist daily, cleaning vehicle etc. Notify Transportation Coordinator and the Operations Manager immediately of problems affecting safe and efficient operation of the vehicle. (Essential)
- Maintain a safe driving record and eligibility for GCC vehicle insurance. No more than 1 (one) moving violation annually. No more than 1 (one) preventable/ticketed accident annually. (Essential)
- Report to Fleet Manager on necessary vehicle repairs and/or maintenance. (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned by Connect Supervisors or management staff. (Essential)