Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference? Gulf Coast Center (GCC) recruits people who are committed to compassionate, person-centered service.
Join our team today!
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Case Manager-MHA
Location: Galveston, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
Provide Rehabilitative Case Management (RCM) for individuals served by the Gulf Coast Center (GCC). Primary responsibility will be coordinating and implementing Texas Resiliency and Recovery (TRR) RCM as part of an interdisciplinary team. This model incorporates resiliency and recovery oriented services, supports, practices and beliefs into publically funded mental health delivery systems. As part of an interdisciplinary team, and within the scope of the team, The RCM staff will be responsible for consultation with other team members on RCM issues; developing full range of options in the community settings; rehabilitation self management and wellness strategies; coordinating medical documentation within medication checkups for GCC consumers, and technical assistance as part of the team in an individual and/or group capacity. RCM will also be responsible for some other targeted services i.e. Supportive Employment and Supportive Housing and other services as needed. Will provide initial screenings and assessments to potential GCC clients. The RCM will be responsible for completion of Adult Needs & Strength Assessments (ANSA), Person Centered Recovery Plans (PCRP), & targeted case management to individuals presenting for behavioral health services, brief interventions such as crisis resolution, skills training and education, case management, and liaison between other programs and organizations.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Case Manager-MHA will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Identifies a current and discreet caseload as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Serve as a member of the treatment team coordinating and providing services as needed.
- Actively participate in team meetings as evidenced by discussion that is not only specific to assigned caseload.
- Display professionalism and team membership when representing program.
- Personnel vacancy may result in temporary increase of caseload.
- Maintain contact with designated staff on a daily basis regarding current work area and retrieval of messages.
- Provide initial screening to determine priority population by conducting an intake interview and appropriate assessment to gather required information within average timeframe of 30 minutes.
- Coordinate and track patient workflow.
- Complete crisis screening to determine level of risk.
- Complete referrals to internal/external resources as clinically indicated.
- Coordinates with Patient Services Specialist for completion of financial screenings.
- Coordinates with Eligibility Advisor for completion of benefits screening & Medicaid application where applicable
- Develops person-centered recovery plans based on patient's needs and preferences.
- Presents patient cases to prescribers.
- Serve as member of interdisciplinary treatment team coordinating services as needed; actively participate in treatment team meetings
- Provides RCM self management strategies and clinical coordination to individuals, groups, and family members as defined by GCC using evidence based strategies within the (TRR) model of care.
- Provides crisis services to consumers and walk-ins to the clinic as needed.
- Provides monthly documented face to face hours of direct service per month to GCC consumers and/or family members according to the current Direct Service Agreement.
- Monitors consumers' requirements within the TRR model to ensure required services are offered and provided per UM guidelines and HHSC Performance Contract.
- Assure treatment provided to consumer relates to the individualized goals of treatment plan.
- Utilizes a variety of skills training in conjunction with the IMR (Illness Management and Recovery Model) and may utilize the following intervention strategies: instruction, positive feedback, repetition, role play, behavioral reversal, in-vivo practice and coaching.
- Enters into EHR, accurate and appropriate documentation within 2 business days of services per TAC and GCC documentation policy requirements
- Maintains compliance with all documentation for consumers as assigned and as required by the GCC policies and procedures within caseload.
- Conducts the Adult Needs and Strengths Assessment (ANSA) every 6 months or as clinically indicated for individuals as required and assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of the initial and annual ANSA recertification pursuant to the Praed Foundation and DSHS contract. Any lapse in certification will result in formal disciplinary action. Exception: If certification lapse/expiration is reported to supervisor within 24 hours of expiration date, employee will be granted opportunity to recertify by close of following business day. Any lapse/expiration greater than 24 hours will result in termination of employment. Additionally, all certified practitioners are responsible for participating in annual quality assurance training activity performed by the identified ANSA super user.
- Participate in Medicaid Administrative Claiming process.
- Through a system of care, helps to establish baseline data & assists with tracking vital health indicators as a part of CCBHC & 1115 Waiver outcome measures
- Strict adherence to authorizations and to all GCC policy guidelines outlined in GCC medication transport guidance letter when there is a need to transport patient medications.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager-GICSC
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in the behavioral sciences field of study from an accredited college or university and/or specialized QMHP certification.
- Two years full-time experience in human services preferred.
- General knowledge of mental disorders.
- Self motivated with good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to operate video/virtual format of communication.
- Needs to establish cooperative relationships and work with individuals seeking services, other professionals, and organizations.
- Ability to establish cooperative relationships with consumers and their families.
- Mature problem solving approach to daily work.
- Ability to anticipate and react calmly in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of local social service network.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements. Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.