Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
Job description: PATH Case Manager
To provide case management to persons who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with a diagnosis of mental illness or who have a dual diagnosis of mental illness and substance use in Galveston & Brazoria counties. This employee will serve as liaison with community based homeless services agencies, Gulf Coast Center staff, and other community agencies to provide benefits and services to consumers with a goal to transition homeless persons into mainstream mental health services, provide referrals to mainstream primary health care, substance abuse services, and other resources. Duties include: Outreach; Evaluation of treatment needs; Development of service plans; Supportive counseling; Facilitation of linkages; and Assistance in locating needed supplies for clients. The employee must comply with PATH grant requirements and standards, complete accurate and timely collection of data, and submit reports. May require irregular work hours, including Saturdays; requires current Texas Driver's license; insurance and reliable transportation vehicle.
Primary Job Functions:
- Conduct immediate intake and assessments for homeless individuals during outreach to determine eligibility, mental health connection, connection to resources that may include housing referrals, and other supportive service needs. Provide referrals as applicable to alternate programs if the applicant is not eligible for internal programs and provide resources as necessary.
- Maintain contact and document interactions with all PATH program participants on an ongoing basis.
- Provide linkage and support to program participants as they pursue mental health services.
- Assist program participants in gathering documentation necessary and compile social security applications in accordance with the SOAR initiative.
- Provide assistance to locate mainstream and community resources in obtaining benefits, birth certificates, social security cards and other important documents necessary for housing and supportive services.
- Assist in efforts to connect to mental health services and supportive services for PATH program participant by utilizing existing resources within the county.
- Provide consultation to consumers and supportive service providers to develop mental health or overall goals and interventions in the person centered planning process.
- Collect data for HMIS to provide information regarding homeless persons and outcomes of program services
- Report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan. Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Maintain current status of all required trainings as directed by GCC.
- Must be able to type 30 WPM with at least 80% accuracy.
- Office and Community work environment.
- Direct service environment.
- Travel Required.
- May require irregular work hours.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written, verbal communication, and computer skills
- Good time and organization management skills.
- Knowledge of the social service network.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Ability to handle persons served professionally during all interactions.
- Ability to organize time effectively and to meet assigned work demands.
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science or related field
- Current and valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Bilingual preferred, although not required
- Experience in shelters or with homeless programs designed for adults with serious mental illness and/or mental illness and substance use disorders; experience in community based mental health programs.
- Full time, non exempt 40 hours. Under immediate to general supervision from the program manager.
- Travel required throughout Galveston and Brazoria County. Travel required to Houston for program relevant meetings. Mileage reimbursed at .54/mile or possible use of a center vehicle as available.