Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Case Manger-PSH
Location: Brazoria and Galveston Counties
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
Permanent Supportive Housing Program provides case management to persons who are chronically homeless , as defined by HUD, with a verified disability in Brazoria & Galveston counties. PSH is designed to assist eligible individuals with daily living needs such as transportation,and life skill development. The case manager's primary responsibility is to support clients in increasing their financial stability, improving their wellness, maintain housing stability once obtained, and increase self sufficiency. The PSH Case Manager will work as part of a team to provide services.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Case Manger-PATH will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct assessments and interviews to determine eligibility for the program prior to program entry.
- Complete intakes and in depth assessment at program entry.
- Developing and updating service plans, case notes and other documents related to a participants file and in accordance with grant requirements and within Center policy for documentation expectations and timeliness.
- Coordinate care and supports for clients and advocate for client's needs.
- Providing ongoing life skills development including problem solving and skill development to aid in the participants' process of improving independence and quality of life.
- Provide specialized and targeted interventions when clients are at risk of eviction.
- Connecting participants to medical, mental health, and other supportive services.
- Providing outreach in order to engage participants who do not follow through with appointments and case management.
- Establishing a broad base of knowledge of community services and communicating appropriate referrals to clients. Engaging with community partners to provide services onsite and offsite.
- Conduct visits in the client's unit to ensure compliance with lease and program rules. Enlist the support of property management as appropriate for wellness checks.
- Conducts these home and community based visits on a regular basis and maintain regular communication with program participants.
- Effectively guide participants through the process of application, qualification, re-determination for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, and other services as needed.
- Keep and maintain accurate and up to date client files. This includes data in HMIS and client's physical file.
- Demonstrates a competent, professional, and client-centered approach to services and role model these skills for clients in program services.
- Working knowledge of PSH program goals, structure, and responsibilities and work to obtain clarification from program leadership when needed.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in development of program informational materials
- Collect and upload data for Housing Inventory Count during annual Point In Time Count
- Attend resource meetings regularly , and maintain accurate resource database
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager- PATH/PSH
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science or related field
- Experience in shelters or with homeless programs designed for adults with serious mental illness and/or mental illness and substance use disorders; experience in community based mental health programs.
- 5 years experience with working with those with intensive or homeless needs or 1 year full time experience working as a case manager with similar/same population or HUD program.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good time and organization management skills.
- Knowledge of the social service network.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Ability to organize time effectively and to meet assigned work demands
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements. Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.