Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
Location: Brazoria County
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full-time w/benefits
Interacts directly with patients, performing medical-related tasks to support the clinic's daily operation. Serves as a vital link between patients, nurses and other facility staff. Support patients as they self-navigate outpatient pharmacological management service delivery. Assists in preparing electronic health record to include documentation of vital health indicators as well as completion of required patient consents & other documentation as assigned. Provides referral resources when directed from nursing team. Provides daily support to nurses, prescribing providers and other clinicians, ensuring the delivery of high-quality behavioral health care services.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
Obtain and record vital signs accurately within the Electronic Health Record. Report information to prescribing professional per policy to assure any medical concerns are addressed immediately.
- Assists nursing team by preparing the medical record as necessary (required forms & other documentation).
- Provide an assertive approach to establishing individualized continuity of care specific to medical and psychiatric services. Provide follow-along services to assure necessary linkage to service occurred. Report gaps in services or lack of continuity to team to assure individualized plan of action is developed.
- Provide support to prescribing professionals and nurses to assure efficient and effective operational flow of clinic.
- If assigned and within scope, retrieves patient phone calls for follow-up by licensed medical staff.
- At the discretion of the CNO and Medication Support Services Manager, will be cross-trained to provide assistance with pharmacy deliveries.
- Provide assistance with scheduling of laboratory testing and other appointments as needed. Issues appointment cards and performs courtesy appointment reminder calls when directed.
- Effectively communicates with assigned team members, collaborative agency members and leadership staff regarding service delivery, continuity of care as appropriate.
- Actively participates in clinic team meetings/morning huddles and other clinical meetings as directed. Attends & actively participates in quarterly behavioral health medical services meetings.
- Collaborates with other team members to establish a consumer-centered treatment plan with individualized objectives, and that otherwise follows the required model.
- Conducts service delivery in accordance with program standards as defined by agency, agency collaboration, and program.
- Assures timely completion of all medical-related documentation, as well as other forms required by program policy are completed accurately and with clarity.
- With training, and if requested, facilitates telemedicine appointments and ensures that all necessary documentation (consents, progress notes, surveys, etc) is completed. Communicates with Program Manager and/or Departmental Supervisor of any issues, concerns, technical difficulties during telemedicine sessions.
- Completes all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor.
- Arrives at designated time and departs according to schedule. Maintains a willingness to adjust schedule to meet the needs of the situation. Makes every attempt to pre-schedule absences and provide dependable coverage and service. Complies with the Center's policies regarding leave usage, absenteeism, and tardiness.
- Displays professionalism when representing program throughout daily operations.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding clients, records, personnel and other confidential information in order to comply with Center, state, and federal policy.
- Establishes baseline data & assists with tracking vital health indicators as part of 1115 Waiver & CCBHC outcome measures.
- Acknowledges annually and demonstrates understanding of the Center's Medication Policies & Procedures, to include the delegation of certain medical & nursing acts to unlicensed staff as outlined in the P&P.
Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
Provide responsive, and efficient services.
Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager-Brazoria County Brazoria County Community Service Centers.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Completion of a state-approved CNA certification training course
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements. Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.