Job Title: Part Time- Peer Recovery Coach
Status: Part-time hourly
Program: Adult Recovery Program
Supervisor: Program Manager and Program Director of Recovery Services
The Certified Recovery Coach or Peer Specialists, who have completed the 47 hours training, will provide non-clinical, peer-based coaching to clients who are receiving treatment services within different modalities at Gulf Coast Center, including outpatient and post discharge services and provide support to individuals, and the community and for promoting health lifestyles and healthy choices as a part of their recovery program.
- Receives supervision from the Program Directors and/or identified QCC
- On-site direction provided by specified Recovery Area Program Director(s)
- Must have experience in personal recovery from substance abuse disorders for a minimum of five years.
- Experience in the use of coaching skills associated with Motivational Interviewing.
- Experiencing with identifying and providing resources and referrals.
- Working knowledge of client/community resources and experience in developing relationships with same.
- Knowledgeable of the natural diverse populations and cultural backgrounds, including difference approaches to recovery.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team.
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office and other programs utilized by Gulf Coast Center.
- Demonstrate knowledge of substance use and treatment procedures;
- Must be able to work independently and organize work effectively using time management tools;
- Possess knowledge of local community resources and network with agencies to ensure appropriate referrals as needed for client continuity of care.
- Must be able to make sound decisions within the parameters of the scope of practice as a peer recovery coach.
- Facilitate weekly peer support groups to promote the importance of recovery support systems within the community and as part of the treatment program.
- Engage with community partners and attend meetings and events with Drug Court, or additional probation or additional community referral sources
- Must be non-judgmental of clients, develop productive relationships with the diverse client population and have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to articulate clearly, using good grammar verbally and in writing, as well as ability to make constructive use of professional supervision from the clinical team and the program manager as needed.
- Standard Office Environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- Irregular work hours may be required
JOB DUTIES and PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Maintains compliance with all documentation as assigned and required by the GCC policies and procedures.
- Maintain as current all levels of trainings as directed by GCC
Corporate Compliance/Rights Protection (Essential)
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical and legal requirements set forth in the Center's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Other Duties/Special Projects (Essential)
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Assist supervisor when requested to accurately complete special projects in the time frame negotiated
- Perform other duties as assigned