Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
Job Title: Porter
To provide support services for the
Center's Transportation Program.
Receives direct supervision from the Transit
Supervisors and indirect supervision from the Director Transportation
- Must have ability to conduct minor
vehicles repairs and emergency equipment installations (one year minimum
conducting minor vehicle repairs
- Must have
vehicle parts and frame working knowledge of location, description, and
- Must be
able to climb eight- (8) foot ladder (exterior light replacement bus's,
- One year
paid experience in the field preferred.
- Requires no more than three moving violations
within the last three years.
maintain auto liability insurance coverage.
- Assist Transit Supervisors with
transportation of vehicles to contract shops and vendor repairs and
- Assist with pre-trip and post-trip inspection
sheets, record reported maintenance problems and match to repair/parts
order invoice to trip sheets and
ensure in proper file.
- Porter vehicles as assigned to
car wash, oil changes, tire shops, body shop.
- Conduct minor vehicle repairs such as (interior
and exterior vehicle light replacement, seat belt replacement, windshield
blade replacement, ADA lifts inspections, PM and emergency window latch
replacements and other minor repairs
- Assist with and maintain inventory
and stocking of vehicle supplies, oils, engine fluids, wiper blades,
fuses, light bulbs, seat belts and wheelchair lift belts, fire
extinguishers, Bio-Hazard and first aid supplies.
- Ability to read and write in
- Ability to deal politely and effectively with
- Non-exempt under Fair Labor
- Working time will be split
between minor vehicle maintenance and detailing vehicles.
- Standard office environment
- Direct service environment.
- Travel required in region and/or
out of region.
- Flex hours as required by the job to include
overtime when necessary, may include weekend, holiday, or evening hours.
- Telephone required or other
means of contact during off hours.
- Reporting sites may vary between
Galveston and Brazoria Counties.
- May be required to perform minor
vehicle repairs or other duties dependent upon the situation.
- Will interface with other transportation
- Requires maintenance of a safe driving record
both on and off duty.
- Preventable and/or ticketed
accidents may affect performance evaluation grade and/or employment
- Essential-Submit vehicle records/reports
to the Transit Supervisor by the next working day.
- Essential-maintain documentation
according to procedure and in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Essential-Maintains current, all levels
of training as directed by GCC policy as well as those outlined by
departmental and regulations specific to position. To include all DOT
- Strict adherence to the
professional, ethical and legal requirements set forth in the Center`s
Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Essential-provide assistance to auditors
- Essential-Conform to Center procedures.
Comply with vehicle rules and use procedures.
- Essential-Submit incident reports within
24 hours of incident/accident to the Transit Supervisor.
- Essential-Utilize two-way radio
according to procedure.
- Essential-Ensure that the vehicle is
maintained appropriately and complies with safety standards.
- To include completing/submitting vehicle
checklist, cleaning vehicle, etc. Notify the Transit Supervisor
immediately of problems affecting the safe and efficient operation of the
- Essential-maintain a safe driving record.
No more than one moving violation annually.
- Attend mandatory program staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- May require flexible hours.