Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Accounts Payable/Finance Specialist
Location: Galveston County
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
Work involves assisting the Chief Financial Officer, Director Administrative Services and other managers; performing professional work to include detailed assignments in billing, reviewing, recording, classifying, examining and analyzing financial records, documents and/or reports.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Accounts Payable/Finance Specialist will be responsible for the following:Essential Job Duties:
- Type letters, memoranda, and reports according to time frames established by supervisor.
- Maintain routine administrative files.
- Assure that there is a complete payment requisition for each payment that is to be made.
- Assure that the amount on the payment requisition and the attached documentation are identical.
- Verify that the payment has not been previously made.
- Verify vendor numbers, names and addresses.
- Assure that the coding for the expense is correct
- Set up files for accounts payable and pending invoices. Files are to be typed , neat and organized. Files should be updated as needed. New files are made each fiscal year.
- Assure that checks are ready for disbursement to vendors in sufficient time to meet due dates
- All paid payment requisitions and attachments are to be stamped "paid" and dated before being filed.
- Maintain original payment requisitions with proper documentation in appropriate vendor files.
- Assure that all invoices are input into accounting system.
- Verify total amount of all payment requisitions entered to the total in the system
- Print Vendor checks. Verify check numbers printed on checks for accuracy
- Print and maintain appropriate reports. Give appropriate copies to appropriate staff
- Prepare and distribute accurate and reliable 1099's at year end
- Assure the proper documentation is on file for consumer rental payments
- Verify that consumer rental payment amounts are correct and correct with appropriate staff
- Assure that payments are made in a timely manner and files are neat and organized
- Assure that proper documentation is received for adult and children flexible spending payments
- Assure that payment acceptance forms are received and all documentation is on file.
- Properly maintain the Centers' operating check register. Assure that all entries are made and that sufficient funds are available at all times
- Bank accounts are to be opened or closed in accordance with Center procedures
- Appropriate packets are to be given to proper custodians prior to close of each month
- Verify that each bank account expense has a complete and authorized expense receipt and approval of goods form, when required, and that each deposit has a bank receipt.
- Assure that proper documentation accompanies each receipt and approval of goods form for each check written.
- Assure that amounts on the recap sheet are correct.
- Every EBA/DBA is to be reconciled on a monthly basis within 15 working days of receipt of the bank statement.
- CFO should be notified if requirement can not be met.
- During reconciliation, the account should be reviewed for any errors, unauthorized disbursements, or unauthorized signatures.
- Any adjustments or corrections should be reported to custodian and entered in JE book for entry.
- Center liabilities should be reconciled to the Center's general ledger in a timely manner.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Chief Financial Officer
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of accounting/business terminology, spelling, punctuation, grammar and basic arithmetic, office practices and procedures. Computer skills, skill in machine transcription, skill in operating variety of office machines, skill in taking and transcribing dictation at meetings.
- Requires two years full-time experience in related accounting or financial position.
- Computer experience in MS-Word, MS- Excel, and MS- Access preferred
- Ability to maintain clerical records and prepare routine reports
- Ability to make basic mathematical computations and tabulations
- Ability to compose routine letters and memoranda
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to make minor decisions in accordance with laws and regulations and apply them to work problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 45 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.