Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference? Gulf Coast Center (GCC) recruits people who are committed to compassionate, person-centered service.
Join our team today!
12 Paid Holidays each year (in addition to time off accrual)
COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Case Manager-TCOOMMI
Location: Brazoria County
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full
Time with Benefits
Provide Case Management to consumers of the TCOOMMI Program. Primary responsibilities will be the coordination of services and monitoring treatment needs of individuals on a caseload of 20-25, who are on Probation or Parole. Case Manager will work closely with Probation or Parole Officer to monitor ongoing compliance with treatment.
Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles
of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration
& Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical &
Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA
The Case Manager-TCOOMMI will be responsible for the following:
- Serves as a member of a treatment team, coordinating and providing services as needed.
- Maintains a Forensic Caseload of 20-25 individuals with a mental illness that are on Probation/Parole. Complete monthly time requirements. Coordinate clinical and community services to designated caseload.
- Enter accurate and appropriate billing within 24 hours. Maintain compliance with all documentation as required by TCOOMMI/GCC.
- Display professionalism and team membership when representing program.
- Personnel vacancy may result in temporary increase of caseload.
- Maintain contact with designated staff on a daily basis regarding current work area and retrieval of messages.
- Provide initial screening to determine priority population by conducting an intake interview and appropriate assessment to gather required information within average timeframe of 30 minutes.
- Complete crisis screening to determine level of risk.
- Complete referrals to internal/external resources as clinically indicated.
- Coordinates with Patient Services Specialist for completion of financial screenings.
- Coordinates with Eligibility Advisor for completion of benefits screening & Medicaid application where applicable
- Develops person-centered recovery plans based on patient's needs and preferences.
- Presents patient cases to Prescribers.
- Provides RCM self management strategies and clinical coordination to individuals, groups, and family members as defined by GCC using evidence based strategies within the (TRR) model of care.
- Provides crisis services to consumers as needed.
- Provides monthly documented face to face hours of direct service per month to GCC consumers and/or family members according to the current Direct Service Agreement.
- Monitors consumers' requirements within the TRR model to ensure required services are offered and provided per UM guidelines and HHSC Performance Contract.
- Assure treatment provided to consumer relates to the individualized goals of treatment plan.
- Utilizes a variety of skills training in conjunction with the IMR (Illness Management and Recovery Model) and may utilize the following intervention strategies: instruction, positive feedback, repetition, role play, behavioral reversal, in-vivo practice and coaching.
- Enters into EHR, accurate and appropriate documentation within 2 business days of services per TAC and GCC documentation policy requirements
- Maintains compliance with all documentation for consumers as assigned and as required by the GCC policies and procedures within caseload.
- Conducts the Adult Needs and Strengths Assessment (ANSA) every 6 months or as clinically indicated for individuals as required and assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of the initial and annual ANSA recertification pursuant to the Praed Foundation and DSHS contract. Any lapse in certification will result in formal disciplinary action. Exception: If certification lapse/expiration is reported to supervisor within 24 hours of expiration date, employee will be granted opportunity to recertify by close of following business day. Any lapse/expiration greater than 24 hours will result in termination of employment. Additionally, all certified practitioners are responsible for participating in annual quality assurance training activity performed by the identified ANSA super user.
- Participate in Medicaid Administrative Claiming process.
- Through a system of care, helps to establish baseline data & assists with tracking vital health indicators as a part of CCBHC & 1115 Waiver outcome measures
- Strict adherence to authorizations and to all GCC policy guidelines outlined in GCC medication transport guidance letter when there is a need to transport patient medications.
- Will be responsible and accountable
for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will
require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue
our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost
courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient
- Interact with staff, consumers, local
entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer
Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave;
flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional,
ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as
well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's
- Consistent adherence to Center safety
guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within
Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required
to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record
and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's
License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability
direct supervision from Program Manager-TCOOMMI
- Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum number of hours that is equivalent to a major in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, educational psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention.
- Required at least six months to one year of case management experience in the Mental Health field, Parole or Probation.
- Prefer two years of case management experience.
- General knowledge of mental disorders.
- Self motivated with good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Establish cooperative relationship with consumers/families/service providers.
- Problem solving approach to daily work.
- Knowledge of local social services network.
- Ability to
express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
ability to work within a team approach.
proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be
performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require
varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of
region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require
travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires
current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with
all state requirements, and liability insurance.
supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all
assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of
other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and
Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
to ascend/descend stairs.
to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
to handle objects.
to operate office equipment.
to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may
include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required
to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements.
to detect and write effectively.
to hear (with or without aid).
to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within
to accept constructive criticism.
to maintain regular attendance.
to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others
to reason and analyze effectively.
to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
to work alone.
to work closely with others.
to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability
to work long and/or irregular hours.
be subjected to hostile environment.
be subjected to high crime environment.
exposure to tobacco products.
be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
to standard noise levels within working environment.
by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform
these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA