Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference? Gulf Coast Center (GCC) recruits people who are committed to compassionate, person-centered service.
Join our team today!
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Case Manager-YBHS
Location: Angleton, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
Provide treatment through Texas Resiliency and Recovery for children and adolescents enrolled in Youth Behavioral Health Services with The Gulf Coast Center (GCC). Primary responsibility will be to coordinate and implement TRR as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Within the scope of the team, will be responsible for consultation with other team members; developing full range of natural support options within the community settings; monitoring youth's assigned level of care; and assuring all documentation required for the chart is completed as required. Complete or coordinate completion of the CANS, Person Centered Recovery Plan, Recovery Plan Review, and all required consents and documents necessary to meet Center and HHSC standards. Provide training, psychiatric assessment, psychiatric treatment, crisis management, and coordination of services, both internal and external to GCC, for consumers to assigned caseload.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Case Manager-YBHS will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage assigned caseload as part of an interdisciplinary team following program procedures. Provide services authorized by valid Recovery plan and CANS.
- Conducts initial screenings by telephone or in person and provides crisis intervention and referrals as appropriate. Face to face screenings should on average be completed within 30 minutes.
- Conducts the Children's Needs & Strengths Assessment (CANS) every 3 months or as clinically indicated for individuals as required & assigned. Responsible for ensuring completion of the initial & annual CANS recertification in accordance with the Praed Foundation & HHSC performance contract requirements. A lapse/expiration of certification will result in termination of employment. Exception: If certification lapse/expiration is reported to supervisor within 24 hours of expiration date, employee will be granted opportunity to recertify by close of following business day. Any lapse/expiration greater than 24 hours will result in termination of employment. Additionally, all certified CANS users are required to participate in semi-annual quality assurance training activity conducted by identified ANSA/CANS Super User.
- Ensures that all necessary consent forms are fully completed. Obtains all pertinent records available from external agencies.
- Displays knowledge in the area of TRR to assure proper protocol is followed during each intake scheduled.
- Will complete QMHP assessment necessary to determine level of care recommended for service delivery. Completes all Center required forms including but not limited to, Client Rights and TRR documentation completely, legibly and accurately.
- Conduct adequate assessment of consumer's history prior to initiating services. Assessment should include review of chart documentation, and consultation with other team members.
- Assures all documentation required for TRR, as well as other forms required by Center policy are completed correctly and filed in each youth file. Work to assure CANS and Recovery Plans are valid limiting expiration of these documents.
- Establishes an initial Person-centered Recovery plan, with client and family input indicating individualized problems, SMART goals, and SMART objectives following the TRR model. Necessary signatures obtained prior to expiration of previous Recovery plan/review.
- Complete adequate review of services provided in previous treatment period and document progress towards objectives. Complete and document discussion regarding services, goals, and objectives for upcoming treatment period with youth and LAR present. Necessary signatures obtained prior to expiration of previous treatment plan/review.
- Document appropriate detail (amount and content) in all sections of notes, clear indication that service provided supports individualized treatment goals and objectives, and support medical necessity for service provided and need to continue.
- Provide skills training, parent training, and medication training and support as determined by state curricula. Consistently delivers services with means to earn fidelity to the model. Document in accordance with fidelity tool kit for each service.
- Provide crisis services to consumers and walk-ins to the clinic as needed.
- Adhere to Voice and Choice Philosophy significant to the Wraparound Approach to Intensive Case Management as a Wraparound Team Member.
- Monitor frequency of each service provided under TRR to assure requirements of assigned Level of Care are met.
- Utilize Smartcare reports in order to consistently monitor and complete required documentation as indicated by contract standards. (Including minimum time plus staff time reports.)
- All documentation is complete, accurate and clear as required by GCC Consumer Records Procedure within 2 business days and ready to be filed within 7 days.
- Conducts service delivery in accordance with Youth Behavioral Health Service Standards as defined by state and local authority. Assures services are not provided on assigned youth should the Recovery plan and/or CANS not be valid.
- Identifies, arranges, advocates and collaborates with other agencies to assure an effective planned referral, discharge or transfer of services. Includes completion of service summary, transfer discharge summary, and request for fair hearing letter to be sent.
- Actively participates in team meetings and other clinical staffings. Remains attentive with professional mannerisms throughout duration of meetings.
- Displays professionalism and team membership when representing program throughout daily work.
- Uses mature problem solving approach in daily work and interactions with consumers as well as colleagues.
- Maintain contact with designated staff regarding current work area and daily retrieval of phone and electronic messages. Maintain contact with immediate supervisor regarding flextime.
- Implements "Fish" philosophy in approach to assigned work duties. Emphasizes principles of philosophy when collaborating with co-workers and during service provision.
- Meets or exceeds the established performance requirement for entire caseload each month. Meets all productivity measures determined by leadership staff.
- Participates in Administrative Claiming process as required.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager-YBHS
- Requires a baccalaureate degree or equivalent in the behavioral sciences field of study from an accredited college or university and/or specialized QMHP certification.
- One year related Mental Health experience is preferred.
- Work related experience with children preferred.
- General knowledge of mental disorders and child development
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish cooperative relationships with youth and their families
- Mature problem solving approach to daily work
- Knowledge of local social service network
- Ability to provide sensitivity toward family needs and preferences when providing on-going services and crisis intervention
- Ability to work cooperatively with immediate work group and individuals external to the program
- Ability to maintain a self directed approach to assigned work duties
- Ability to accept responsibility and exercise independent judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements.
- Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.