Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Ambulatory Detox Services
Location: Angleton, TX
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
Reporting to the on-site Program Manager with clinical oversight from the Chief Nursing Officer, the Registered Nurse performs responsible healthcare administrative work within the behavioral health adult outpatient setting to include coordination of medication clinics and follow-up of adult population diagnosed with severe & persistent mental illness receiving pharmacological management and psychiatric diagnostic evaluation services. Duties include education & guidance about medication and possible side effects & other medication related services & psychosocial rehabilitative supports to facilitate recovery as outlined in the Texas Resiliency & Recovery service array.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Registered Nurse (RN) will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager-BCCSC as well as clinical oversight from the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Requires graduation from an accredited, Texas Board of Nursing approved RN education program
- Requires graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Certification as a Phlebotomist, preferred; or, documentation to support training/experience.
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Texas.
- Two years full-time paid experience in nursing is preferred.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office setting.
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements.
- Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.