Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
- Job Title: Technical Assistant
Location: Galveston, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full time with benefits
Performs general clerical duties. Have working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook. Work involves light typing, answering telephones, filing, preparing and receipting billing slips and payments, sorting mail, and assists in completing follow-ups as needed. Must have reliable transportation.
This position will assist the Recovery Staff in the evening operations of the Program site by providing clerical support to clinicians in an outpatient substance use treatment setting by performing intermediate level administrative support working within a team environment.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Program Clerk will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Answer Phone - Answer incoming calls, take messages or route call to appropriate person.
- Client Services and filing - Greet clients and have them sign the appointment log; schedule client appointments; file client paperwork in appropriate locations in client files.
- Prepare and receipt slips and payments - Collect fees, issue receipts and maintain accurate records of payments received on appropriate forms.
- Follow-ups - Assist in completing follow-ups for client discharges each month to maintain target rate within HHSC guidelines.
- Make reminder calls for next day appointment.
- Copy forms using the original when needed or requested.
- Shred confidential paperwork and/or place in appropriate container.
- Sort mail.
- Upload referral paperwork in the appropriate files.
- Attend staff meetings as requested.
- Manages Wait List
- Correspondence on counselors' behalf.
- Maintains compliance with all documentation as assigned and required by the GCC policies and procedures.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Exhibit friendly demeanor and enjoy working within a team environment, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees and the public;
- Prioritize work effectively and handle several tasks at one time within a fast paced, professional office environment;
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures;
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers/vendors/visitors and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone and in person, and to verbal or written instructions;
- Demonstrate ability to operate a variety of standard office machines and exhibit knowledge of basic office practices and procedures;
- Assist clinical staff with uploading documents to CMBHS and/or GCC electronic health record
- Complete reminder and follow-up calls to current/former clients and document in CMBHS and/or GCC electronic health record
- Collect co-pays from clients prior to entering group
- Maintain Intake packages and Orientation folders for clinicians
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Federal and State regulations and Center policy
- Make minor decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and company policy and apply them to work problems.
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager-Recovery
- Require a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the administrative/clerical field
- Knowledge of business terminology, spelling, punctuation, grammar and basic arithmetic, office practices and procedures.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with employees and the public
- Make minor decisions in accordance with laws and regulations and apply them to work problems;
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements.
- Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.