Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference? Gulf Coast Center (GCC) recruits people who are committed to compassionate, person-centered service.
Join our team today!
COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Behavioral Health Case Manager-YBHS (QMHP/LCDC)
Location: Office in Texas City, TX. Serves Brazoria
and Galveston Counties
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full
Time with Benefits
Provide mental health and/or substance use treatment, for youth enrolled in Youth Behavioral Health Services with The Gulf Coast Center (GCC through Texas Resiliency and Recovery) or as SUD program enrolled only, or for those detained in Juvenile Justice facility in Galveston County. Will provide treatment of youth identified as having substance use problems associated with abuse or dependence in an outpatient treatment setting and living in Galveston and/or Brazoria Counties. The counselor will provide weekly individual and group sessions and document in the EHR clients' progress within groups and individual sessions; will refer clients to appropriate post-treatment and/or placement; and present education programs, substance abuse, treatment and related issues. For designated Behavioral Health caseload, primary responsibility will be to coordinate and implement TRR as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Within the scope of the team, will be responsible for consultation with other team members; developing full range of natural support options within the community settings; monitoring youth's assigned level of care; and assuring all documentation required for the chart is completed as required. Complete or coordinate completion of the CANS, Person Centered Recovery Plan, Recovery Plan Review, and all required consents and documents necessary to meet Center and HHSC standards. Provide skills training/education, substance use counseling, assessment, crisis management, and coordination of services, both internal and external to GCC, for consumers to assigned caseload.
Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles
of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration
& Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical &
Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA
The Behavioral Health Case Manager-YBHS (QMHP/LCDC) will be responsible for the following:
- Acts as primary counselor for assigned clients enrolled in substance use services within the JJC program and their families.
- Conducts assessments to determine eligibility for outpatient Substance Use treatment.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions for assigned clients.
- Conducts lectures and group counseling sessions as determined by the contract between Gulf Coast Center and the Juvenile Justice Department as either facilitator or co-facilitator
- Manage assigned caseload as part of an interdisciplinary team following program procedures. Provide services authorized by valid Recovery plan and CANS.
- Conducts initial screenings by telephone or in person and provides crisis intervention and referrals as appropriate. Face to face screenings should on average be completed within 30 minutes.
- Conducts the Children's Needs & Strengths Assessment (CANS) every 3 months or as clinically indicated for individuals as required & assigned. Responsible for ensuring completion of the initial & annual CANS recertification in accordance with the Praed Foundation & HHSC performance contract requirements. A lapse/expiration of certification will result in termination of employment. Exception: If certification lapse/expiration is reported to supervisor within 24 hours of expiration date, employee will be granted opportunity to recertify by close of following business day. Any lapse/expiration greater than 24 hours will result in termination of employment. Additionally, all certified CANS users are required to participate in semi-annual quality assurance training activity conducted by identified ANSA/CANS Super User.
- Ensures that all necessary consent forms are fully completed. Obtains all pertinent records available from external agencies.
- Displays knowledge in the area of TRR to assure proper protocol is followed during each intake scheduled.
- Will complete QMHP assessment necessary to determine level of care recommended for service delivery. Completes all Center required forms including but not limited to, Client Rights and TRR documentation completely, legibly and accurately.
- Conduct adequate assessment of consumer's history prior to initiating services. Assessment should include review of chart documentation, and consultation with other team members.
- Assures all documentation required for TRR, as well as other forms required by Center policy are completed correctly and filed in each youth file. Work to assure CANS and Recovery Plans are valid limiting expiration of these documents.
- Establishes an initial Person-centered Recovery plan, with client and family input indicating individualized problems, SMART goals, and SMART objectives following the TRR model. Necessary signatures obtained prior to expiration of previous Recovery plan/review.
- Complete adequate review of services provided in previous treatment period and document progress towards objectives. Complete and document discussion regarding services, goals, and objectives for upcoming treatment period with youth and LAR present. Necessary signatures obtained prior to expiration of previous treatment plan/review.
- Document appropriate detail (amount and content) in all sections of notes, clear indication that service provided supports individualized treatment goals and objectives, and support medical necessity for service provided and need to continue.
- Provide skills training, parent training, and medication training and support as determined by state curricula. Consistently delivers services with means to earn fidelity to the model. Document in accordance with fidelity tool kit for each service.
- Provide crisis services to consumers and walk-ins to the clinic as needed.
- Adhere to Voice and Choice Philosophy significant to the Wraparound Approach to Intensive Case Management as a Wraparound Team Member.
- Monitor frequency of each service provided under TRR to assure requirements of assigned Level of Care are met.
- Utilize Smartcare reports in order to consistently monitor and complete required documentation as indicated by contract standards. (Including minimum time plus staff time reports.)
- All documentation is complete, accurate and clear as required by GCC Consumer Records Procedure within 2 business days and ready to be filed within 7 days.
- Conducts service delivery in accordance with Youth Behavioral Health Service Standards as defined by state and local authority. Assures services are not provided on assigned youth should the Recovery plan and/or CANS not be valid.
- Identifies, arranges, advocates and collaborates with other agencies to assure an effective planned referral, discharge or transfer of services. Includes completion of service summary, transfer discharge summary, and request for fair hearing letter to be sent.
- Actively participates in team meetings and other clinical staffings. Remains attentive with professional mannerisms throughout duration of meetings.
- Displays professionalism and team membership when representing program throughout daily work.
- Uses mature problem solving approach in daily work and interactions with consumers as well as colleagues.
- Maintain contact with designated staff regarding current work area and daily retrieval of phone and electronic messages. Maintain contact with immediate supervisor regarding flextime.
- Implements "Fish" philosophy in approach to assigned work duties. Emphasizes principles of philosophy when collaborating with co-workers and during service provision.
- Meets or exceeds the established performance requirement for entire caseload each month. Meets all productivity measures determined by leadership staff.
- Participates in Administrative Claiming process as required.
- Will be responsible and accountable
for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will
require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue
our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost
courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient
- Interact with staff, consumers, local
entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer
Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave;
flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional,
ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as
well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's
- Consistent adherence to Center safety
guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within
Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required
to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record
and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's
License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability
direct supervision from Program Manager-YBHS
- Requires a baccalaureate degree or equivalent in the behavioral sciences field of study from an accredited college or university and/or specialized QMHP certification.
- One year related Mental Health experience is preferred.
- Work related experience with children preferred.
- General knowledge of mental disorders and child development;
- Self-motivated with good time management skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish cooperative relationships with youth and their families;
- Mature problem solving approach to daily work;
- Knowledge of local social service network;
- Ability to provide sensitivity toward family needs and preferences when providing on-going services and crisis intervention;
- Ability to work cooperatively with immediate work group and individuals external to the program;
- Ability to maintain a self directed approach to assigned work duties;
- Ability to accept responsibility and exercise independent judgment in making decisions.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work with a variety of office & video equipment and office software
- Demonstrated PC skills to include proficiency in navigating SmartCare EHR
- Ability to
express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
ability to work within a team approach.
proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be
performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require
varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of
region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require
travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires
current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with
all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- May periodically transport consumers;
- Will require field based service delivery.
supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all
assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of
other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and
Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
to ascend/descend stairs.
to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
to handle objects.
to operate office equipment.
to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may
include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required
to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements.
to detect and write effectively.
to hear (with or without aid).
to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within
to accept constructive criticism.
to maintain regular attendance.
to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others
to reason and analyze effectively.
to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
to work alone.
to work closely with others.
to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability
to work long and/or irregular hours.
be subjected to hostile environment.
be subjected to high crime environment.
exposure to tobacco products.
be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
to standard noise levels within working environment.
by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform
these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA