Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
Job Title: Case Manager - QMHP-CS
Adult Mental Health Services - Urban ACT Team
Provide Rehabilitative Case Management (RCM) for consumers of The Gulf Coast Center (GCC). Primary responsibility will be coordinating and implementing RCM as part of an interdisciplinary team. Within the scope of the team, will be responsible for consultation with other team members on RCM issues; developing full range of options in the community settings; rehabilitation self management and wellness strategies; coordinating medical documentation within medication checkups for GCC consumers, and technical assistance as part of the team in an individual and/or group capacity. Most services provided occur for clients that are identified as receiving service package 4 services which is the ACT team services.
Receives direct supervision from the Urban ACT Program Manager.
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in the behavioral sciences field of study from an accredited college or university and/or specialized QMHP certification.
Two years full-time experience in human services preferred.
- General knowledge of mental disorders.
- Self motivated with good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish cooperative relationships with consumers and their families.
- Mature problem solving approach to daily work.
- Knowledge of local social service network.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team approach.
- Demonstrated PC skills.
Non-exempt under Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Majority of work is in the office and/or community.
- May require irregular work hours.
- May periodically transport consumers in personal and/or Gulf Coast Center Vehicle.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all State requirements, and liability insurance.
- Out of region travel may be required.
JOB DUTIES/PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Treatment Team Member (Essential)
- Identifies a current and discreet caseload as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Serve as a member of the treatment team coordinating and providing services as needed.
- Actively participate in daily team meetings as evidenced by discussion that is not only specific to assigned caseload.
- Display professionalism and team membership when representing program.
- Personnel vacancy may result in temporary increase of caseload.
- Maintain contact with designated staff on a daily basis regarding current work area and retrieval of messages.
Rehabilitative Treatment Provider (Essential)
- Provides RCM self management strategies and clinical coordination to individuals, groups, and family members as defined by GCC.
- Provides crisis services to consumers and walk-ins to the clinic as needed.
- Provides crisis services for after hours response including nights, weekends, and holidays to ACT clients per rotation among all staff on the ACT team.
- Provides monthly documented face to face hours of direct service per month to GCC consumers and/or family members as indicated in the current Direct Service Agreement for this position.
- Monitors patients' requirements within the TRR model to ensure required services are offered and meeting targeted monthly service provision standard for identified caseload.
- Assure treatment provided to consumer relates to the individualized goals of treatment plan.
- Utilizes a variety of skills training methods to include areas such as introduction, role play, behavioral reversal, in-vivo practice, and coaching.
- Enters accurate and appropriate RCM billing and documentation into SmartCare EHR within 2 business days of service provision as appropriate to patients' treatment plan and assignment in SmartCare.
- Maintains compliance with all documentation for consumers as assigned and as required by the GCC policies and procedures within caseload.
- Conducts the Adult Needs & Strengths Assessment (ANSA) every 6 months or as clinically indicated for individuals as required & assigned. Responsible for ensuring staff completion of initial & annual ANSA recertification pursuant to the Praed Foundation & HHSC performance contract. A lapse/expiration in certification will result in termination of employment. Exception: If certification lapse/expiration is reported to supervisor within 24 hours of expiration date, employee will be granted opportunity to recertify by close of following business day. Any lapse/expiration greater than 24 hours will result in termination of employment. Additionally, all certified practitioners are responsible for participating in semi-annual quality assurance training activity conducted by the identified ANSA/CANS Super User
- Participate in Medicaid Administrative Claiming process.
- Maintains as current all levels of training as directed by GCC.
Corporate Compliance (Essential)
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in the Center's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Strict adherence to authorizations and to all GCC policy guidelines outlined in GCC medication transport guidance letter when there is a need to transport consumer medications.
Special Projects (Essential)
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and completes all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor.