Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Maintenance Specialist
Location: Brazoria and Galveston Counties
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full-Time w/benefits
Provide maintenance of facilities.
This job is a handyman position.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Maintenance Specialist will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Daily review of outstanding work orders.
Assign work orders by priority and complete all requested work orders.
- Maintenance of Center Assets
- Regular maintenance schedule for proper operation of facility mechanical equipment.
- Must have the aptitude to use carpentry and mechanical tools to make minor facility repairs, replace light bulbs and assemble equipment, etc.
- Assist with provision of facility services by staff and contractors for needed Maintenance, Renovations and Moving Services.
- Assist with security inspections & assessments, including night-time inspection of Center properties.
- Participate in facility security call lists and respond as needed.
- Provide assistance with Emergency Planning and implementation
- Participate in planning for emergencies and implementation of plans to protect facilities, vehicles and other Center assets.
- Provide assistance and back-up of Asset Director or the Asset Specialist in their absence.
Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
Provide responsive, and efficient services.
Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Provide Lawn Service as needed when requested by the Asset Director.
- Receives direct supervision from Asset Director.
- Two years paid experience as a facility handyman or construction work.
- Three years paid experience as a facility handyman or construction work.
- Have mechanical ability and knowledge of construction processes.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Field setting.
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 45 lbs; if more than 45 lbs. will be required to have assistance.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull and/or squat as it relates to scope of position.
- Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with customers with poor hygiene.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be exposed excessive noises.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions; may include variations in temperature, dampness, humidity, heat and cold.
- May be subjected to exposure of fumes, dust, gases and/or chemicals.
- May be subjected to water/liquids.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.