Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Case Aide-PSH
Location: Brazoria and Galveston Counties
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
The case aide position will provide administrative support and direct care services to participants of the Permanent Supportive Housing Program. The case aide also supports the PSH team in the implementation of housing processes and procedures to ensure quality service delivery to housing participants in Galveston & Brazoria counties. This employee will assist PSH liaisons with community based homeless services agencies, Gulf Coast Center staff, and other community agencies to provide benefits and services to consumers with a goal to connect participants to mainstream mental health services, provide referrals to mainstream primary health care, substance abuse services, and other resources.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Case Aide-PSH will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide referrals to community resources and alternative programs if applicant is not eligible for internal programs and provide resources as necessary.
- Maintain contact and document interactions with all PSH program participants on an ongoing basis.
- Provide assistance to locate mainstream and community resources in obtaining benefits, birth certificates, social security cards and other important documents necessary for housing and supportive services.
- Assist in efforts to connect to mental health services and supportive services for PSH program participant by utilizing existing resources within the counties.
- Collect data for HMIS to provide information regarding homeless persons and outcomes of program services
- Assists in building and maintaining relationships with landlords/management firms/property owners about available housing; develop and maintain housing availability resource list and negotiate rents and deposits on behalf of the client.
- May assist assigned case manager in obtaining necessary assessments and documentation required for program enrollment and assist in maintaining client files throughout program duration.
- Assist in conducting housing inspections and assist with follow ups from property management on repairs/maintenance
- Review of initial move in documentation and monthly rent requests.
- Review quarterly/annual participant recertification documents.
- Provide housing location services that include helping the client find appropriate housing. Provide advocacy as needed to help address issues and barriers between landlord and participant.
- Documents client contacts in client files and database in a timely manner.
- Assist with transportation for apartment search or other appointments as needed.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in development of program informational materials
- Provide outreach services during annual Point In Time Count
- Attend resource meetings regularly, and maintain accurate resource database
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager- PATH/PSH
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science or related field
- Current and valid peer specialist certification, or currently working to obtain certification
- Experience in community based mental health programs or outreach programs.
- Knowledge in Housing First Model, Housing Tenant Rights and Trauma Informed Care preferred. Experience in and knowledge of HUD chronic homeless/housing programs preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good time and organization management skills.
- Knowledge of the social service network.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Ability to organize time effectively and to meet assigned work demands.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements. Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.