Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Habilitation Coordinator
Location: Based in Texas City, TX. Services Brazoria
and Galveston Counties
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full
Time with Benefits
The IDD Habilitation Coordinator provides specialized services for individuals with Intellectual Disabilities, Developmental Disabilities or Related Conditions who reside in institutions, such as nursing facilities or State Supported Living Centers (SSLCs). Services are provided to residents who plan to stay in that setting and for those who wish to transition from the institutional setting to the community or independent living.
Responsibilities include: assisting individuals, families and care providers in developing habilitation service plans, identifying their goals, identifying and advocating for resources/services, coordinating for the delivery of services, monitoring the progress of the plan and assisting individuals with crisis prevention/management.
Accurate documentation, timely response to sensitive deadlines and accurate billing is required for this position. The work environment is mostly field based but does require some in-office work.
Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles
of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration
& Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical &
Covid Vaccine requirements:
In order to be considered for this particular position, applicants must be fully vaccinated with an acceptable COVID-19 vaccine, OR be granted a medical or religious exemption by HR, prior to said individual providing any care, treatment, or other services for the organization and/or its patients. Please contact our human resources department if you have further questions.
Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA
The Habilitation Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates the service planning team for the development of the Habilitation Service Plan (HSP) through a person centered process that identifies strengths, preferences, medical, nursing, nutritional, clinical and support needs of the individual and the desired outcomes.
- Continual monitoring of all relevant standards for compliance (HHSC, TAC, etc). Monitoring of the individual's progress in relation to the HSP.
- Maintaining contact with all of the relevant individuals as determined by the HSP and communicating with the individual or family regarding progress and/or changing needs.
- Accurately completes all required programmatic and administrative documentation within accepted timeframes.
- Ensures all required documentation has been forwarded to appropriate personnel and filed.
- Will be responsible and accountable
for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will
require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue
our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost
courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient
- Interact with staff, consumers, local
entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer
Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave;
flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional,
ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as
well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's
- Consistent adherence to Center safety
guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within
Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required
to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record
and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's
License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability
direct supervision from Program Manager - IDD/PASRR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral, health or human services and general knowledge of IDD services and resources
- One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities, general knowledge of IDD services and resources.
- Experience working in a Nursing Facility setting
- Ability to
express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
ability to work within a team approach.
proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be
performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require
varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of
region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require
travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires
current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with
all state requirements, and liability insurance.
supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all
assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of
other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and
Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
to ascend/descend stairs.
to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
to handle objects.
to operate office equipment.
to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may
include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required
to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements. Ability
to detect and write effectively.
to hear (with or without aid).
to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within
to accept constructive criticism.
to maintain regular attendance.
to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others
to reason and analyze effectively.
to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
to work alone.
to work closely with others.
to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability
to work long and/or irregular hours.
be subjected to hostile environment.
be subjected to high crime environment.
exposure to tobacco products.
be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
to standard noise levels within working environment.
by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform
these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA