Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and timeless cornerstone of our community committed to connecting and serving people where they live.
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: IDD Care Provider
Location: Brazoria and Galveston Counties
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
The IDD Care Provider is responsible for providing support to individuals both "in-home and out-of-home environments" or at other community locations that are necessary to achieve outcomes identified in an individual's person-directed plan (PDP). This service provides habiltative or support activities that facilitate an individual's ability to perform functional living skills and other activities of daily living, including assisting an individual to develop competencies in maintaining his or her home life or increase a person's ability and opportunity to participate in typical community activities and activities/supports for the person in connecting with their family members that help preserve the family unit and prevent or limit out-of-home placement of the person. For individuals in nursing facilities, the Care Provider will work with other identified team members to implement a plan to include training goals aimed at increasing independence and competency with skills that would increase outcomes for transitioning into the community.
Responsibilities include: Provide direct and supportive services to individuals in various settings, based on individuals' needs. Work with other key members involved in the individuals' lives to incorporate goals for increasing independence during participation in support provided.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The IDD Care Provider will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- One to One training, group outings, participates in meetings, provides transportation, documentation, provides quality services in a team and customer driven environment.
- Continual monitoring and documenting of all relevant standards for compliance (HHSC, TAC, etc).
- Assure policy and procedures of external programs and agencies are followed.
- Responsible for representing the Center at meetings, nursing facilities, statewide and area meetings as a representative of program/service area.
- Provides training and support according to Implementation Plan (IP)
- Punctuality and attendance to support the individual's needs and Customer expectations are met consistently.
- Consistent communication with individual/LAR, family and other team members including outside agencies.
- Responds to and is compliant with all internal/external team members including agencies
- Attends Person Directive Planning meetings, provides updates and makes recommendations to the service planning team for the development of the Care Plan.
- Completes assessments and communicates as needed with the Team Leader and/or family to plan strategies to individualize trainings and/or support to achieve outcomes identified by the individual/LAR.
- Provide all necessary paperwork to Nursing Facilities and Team Leader
- Receives additional supervision from Team Leader - IDD Provider Services
- Manager, Schedule and coordinate assigned caseload. Track utilization of authorized hours for individuals that receive services.
- Complete all written notifications to initiate services, end services or change of care providers to NF and/or Individuals, Families/LAR
- Meet all Health/Safety Requirements to ensure Safety Care of all Individuals.
- Individual must not be out of site while in Care Provider's service time.
- Weekly caseload schedules are maintained to maximize billing.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Professionalism - presents and conducts business in a manner consistent with professional practice
- Customer Service - Internal and external customer expectations are consistently met. Scheduled and unexpected cancellations are communicated to individual, family, nursing facilities and/or other agencies in a timely manner.
- Accessibility - is readily available to meet customer needs
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Multi-Tasking Ability to work with multiple tasks and priorities and maintain timeliness of the finished product
- Ability to provide time management
- Must be Self Motivated
- Must be able to refrain from usage of personal cell phones throughout the day
- Problem Solving
- Patience and Compassion towards individuals
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements. Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.