GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Programmer
Location: Texas City, TX
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
This position performs moderately complex programming and computer systems analysis work. It involves planning, analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to develop automated processing or to enhance the Center's existing clinical software system. The position requires the candidate to communicate effectively with clinicians, billing, and administrative staff to clearly understand the software enhancement they are requesting.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The Programmer will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
Programming Knowledge (Essential)
Maintains Documentation (Essential)
- Design, write, test and debug new code to enhance current software functionality.
- Modify and update existing code to meet Center needs and satisfy state and federal data requirements.
- Support, maintain, and accurately document software functionality.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Assist users in the definition of business problems and propose technical solutions.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug software to meet user needs.
- Work with staff members to develop and write reports that meet their needs.
- Provide level II assistance for help-desk staff and assist in resolving problems users are having with electronic health record (EHR) system. Update SmartCare Training and Test systems as requested.
- Review new functionality with the Center's SmartCare Training Specialist.
- Perform additional duties as deemed necessary by department supervisor within designated time frames.
Data Analysis and Reporting (Essential)
- Writing, editing, and revising training manuals for new and updated software and hardware
- Running reports to analyze common complaints and problems
- Participates in department planning by attending meetings, identifying work inefficiencies and making
recommendations for work flow improvements.
- Promotes quality improvement, staff safety, and a collaborative work environment.
*Other IT duties assigned by supervisor
- Maintains compliance with required Center Trainings.
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Chief Information Officer
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field with two years development preferred; or an Associate degree with four years development work (Will consider additional years experience in lieu of the degree).
- Visual Basic, ASP, .NET Certifications
Strong Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems, Familiarity with Software, Experience with Good Customer Service Skills, Ability to Communicate Effectively to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience, Writing and Editing Skills to aid in writing and updating manuals, Education in how to Troubleshoot Problems (some jobs may require a degree from a university or technical school), and Specific Knowledge of other required Computer Systems for different work environments.
- Strong SQL skills and programming skills in Microsoft.NET environment.
- Independent and self-directed worker.
- Able to be detail oriented, innovated, and think creatively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Capable of learning and using electronic health record (EHR) software.
- May require irregular work hours.
- Must have current Texas Driver's License and qualify for Center insurance coverage.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 45 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.